A little to the left, a little to the rightAdeshola Ezeokoli
A Balanced Life- Tips for health and balance in life
1. Realize that you cannot do it all: You cannot do it all. You cannot be everything to everyone, you cannot be the Savior of the world. Your child cannot be in every sport. You cannot volunteer for every thing that comes up. Sometimes you have to let go, and let God.
2. Prioritize: Decide what will come first and know what the results of the decision will be. For example if it is priority for you lose that baby weight, the result of that decision is that you will not be able to eat burgers every night. Or if it is priority to spend time with God in prayer( which it should be, as a Christian), the result of that decision is that you may have to give up some TV time.
3. Don’t major on the minors: Do not spend large amounts of time, money and effort on things that are not that important to you. Instead invest your efforts in the things that you feel are important.
4. Saying no: Saying no comes with a price. People might be annoyed; and if you have the type of personality that likes to get along with everyone, this may be a challenge. Which is better though: saying no and having folks momentarily miffed, or taking on something that you don’t want to do, have no grace to do, and getting resentful of the people who asked you to do it?
5. Be happy: A balanced life should be one of joy. Granted there will be times when you might feel that you have nothing to laugh about. Read my post My Life Sucks. Find something that is going on right and be grateful for that. Do not give the keys of your happiness into the hands of someone else.
6. Take pride in what you do: If you have a job or a business , a positive attitude will help you enjoy it more. If you are a stay home parent, take up a positive attitude and go for it. Most people spend 8 hours a day working in a job they hate saving up so they can retire and start living. What mixed up thinking! Enjoy your life now. If you have a bad job seek God in prayer for another one. While you wait for the manifestation, have a positive, can-do attitude. It will help your day go faster and alleviate the mental stress.
7. Ask God for grace: There is grace supplied for everything you have to do. God will not give you grace to be a good wife and not give you grace to be a good mother. God will not withhold grace from you if only you would ask him.
Hope this helps someone!