How I Lost Ten Pounds in 4 Months- No Gimmicks!Adeshola Ezeokoli
Jan 24 2015, I stood on a scale. I weighed 166 lbs
April 24 2015, I stood on a scale. I weighed 156 lbs
I will share with you how it happened without pills, supplements, shakes, starving myself, or getting cranky. I did not use any programs either. I have nothing against the above, but even if you use weight loss surgery, your foundations have to be in place. Not everything works for everyone, and these are the tips that worked for me. I tailored my own weight loss plan.
1. I got motivation: I started to follow a website called testosterone nation. While I do not do every single thing that they recommend (I had to tailor their recommendations to suit my own needs), it gave me the motivation that I needed.
2. I made a decision: I decided enough was enough with namby-pamby workouts that were getting me nowhere. I had done the same thing for over a year and I was getting nowhere fast. I had to make changes.
3. I changed my eating habits: For example Breakfast these days is two eggs and a banana or Oatmeal with raisins and almond milk (no sugar). 1st snack is an apple. Lunch is a potato with chicken, a salad, or chicken salad. 2nd snack is an orange or a handful of nuts. Dinner is done by 7:30. I used to eat at night a lot. I stopped. I stopped eating white sugar, opting for organic stevia instead. I cut out dairy, wheat, fruit juices (for the most part; I still have cheat days).
4. I changed my workouts: Weight lifting to build muscle and lean out. Switching my workouts and not sticking to the same things that did not work. An hour instead of 30 minutes. Going to the gym daily. Dragging myself out of bed even when I did not want to.
5. I embraced activity: No more parking as close to the door as possible. Taking the stairs. Looking for opportunities to get up and move. Walking to the front desk instead of calling their phone. Not sending my children to pick up the remote control, LOL!
6. I keep at it: In consistency lies the power for change. Two weeks is not enough. Two months is not enough. Staying healthy is life long.
Please feel free to share your weight loss tips in the comments or on my Facebook page. I would love to hear from you.