Why Making New Year’s Resolutions Is A Waste Of TimeAdeshola Ezeokoli
January is however, a convenient time to set goals, and, the span of a year is a good time to review those goals you set(depending on what they were). However, new year resolutions are a total waste of time.
1. A New Year’s resolution is not a strategy or plan.
2. A New Year’s resolution leaves you with nothing by way of action steps.
3. A New Year’s resolution does not provide you with accountability
4. A New Year’s resolution presumes that there is only one time for change.
5. A New Year’s resolution can keep you in your comfort zone.
6. Once broken, a New Year’s resolution tends to stay that way.
7. A New Year’s resolution does not take into account the amount of mindset work needed for change.
8. A New Year’s resolution can often be uni dimensional and not take into account all the moving parts that it might take to bring a project, goal, or dream to pass.
9. In times of discouragement, a New Year’s resolution cannot stand on its own merits.
Instead of making New Year’s resolutions year in year out, and not getting anywhere, write out your goals. Write out a plan to achieve them. Get some accountability.