The 10 Commandments of Health.Adeshola Ezeokoli
The 10 Commandments of Health
To increase your chances of staying healthy, here are some tips. You probably know them already, but as it is said, there is nothing new under the sun, and important things bear repeating for re-inforcement.
1. Wash your hands frequently:
Before and after eating, after a bathroom break, and after particularly dirty jobs. be conscious of where your hands have been and wash up accordingly.
2. See a doctor:
See a doctor at least once a year for comprehensive check-ups. For those with certain illnesses such as HIV and diabetes, check-ups should be more frequent.
3. Take your medications as prescribed: If a doctor gives you medication, take it. If you have questions or side effects, discuss with your doctor. Do not stop a medication and lie to your doctor about it. In the long run you will not benefit.
4. Take recommended vaccinations if they are available: Please take recommended vaccinations and make sure that your children are vaccinated too.
5. Eat healthy: Get your proteins, vegetables and starches at each meal. If you must snack, keep fruits handy, instead of cakes and cookies. Eat less processed food and more fresh food.
6 Exercise: Engage in some form of physical exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes each day. If you have never exercised, start with 10 minutes and work your way up.
7.Manage your stress: Do not let life get in the way of your health. Stress can cause illness. Think positively. Read scriptures that increase your happiness. Slow down. Take life with gratitude.
( I will do a whole topic on stress management later)
8. Take vitamins: A good multivitamin supplement can help you feel invigorated and keep your stores up.
9. Get good rest: Poor sleep is linked to heart disease. Do all you can to sleep well. If you work long hours ( as I do), improve the quality of the sleep that you do get. Don’t nod off in front of the TV. Get up and go to your bed, in a quiet room and lie down.
10. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: You need water. A human being is about 75% water, babies even more so. Coca-cola is not water. Coffee is not water. Tea is not water. Juice is not water. You need water to replenish the water losses and flush your system.
Ten tips and there are so many more! Please share what tips you have used to help improve your health. I would love to hear from you.